Friday, September 19, 2008

FRUGAL HEALTH TIP #3: TEA TREE OIL

Glass vial containing Melaleuca Alternifolia E...Image via Wikipedia

Tea tree oil is a product that I really love! I use it daily around my house.

Since it is effective against viruses, fungi, and bacteria, the three types of infectious organisms, it is a medicine cabinet in a bottle.

Here are some of the traditional uses of tea tree oil:

For respiratory ailments such as cold, asthma, bronchitis and sinusitis, put a few drops of tea tree oil in your vaporizer. Inhale the steam and you will feel wonderful, blessed relief!

As a first aid remedy, tea tree oil can be used to treat cuts, abrasions and scrapes. The anti-bacterial properties of tea tree oil prevent wounds from becoming infected.

Tea tree oil is also a traditional remedy for athletes foot fungus, blisters, burns, cold sores and acne. Dab a little on a damp cotton ball and treat the affected areas.

At home, I disinfect my toothbrush with it, and add a drop or two to my mouthwash. It is a common ingredient in toothpastes now, because it is wonderful at preventing gum disease.

I also add a few drops to a warm, damp washcloth and clean my face with it. It is refreshing and clarifying, and works as well as any pricey toner you get at a cosmetics counter! My son uses it in soap form to prevent acne breakouts.

One tiny bottle lasts me weeks! I don’t have to buy any expensive facial cleansers, antibiotic creams, cold or sinus remedies, or special mouthwashes.

Pick up a bottle for yourself!

Irene Helen Zundel is a freelance writer, educator and mother, and an expert in child development, home schooling and creative parenting and home making.
Visit her online at http://www.irenehelenzundel.com
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer, Reiki master, and educator, with diplomas in teacher's aide and child psychology, and numerous writing courses. I home schooled my son, who was born 10 weeks early and was expected to have developmental and learning lags. In 6th grade, he took an 8th grade standardized achievement test, and scored as a college sophomore in math and English. It inspired me to write a book, which I have given away for free! It is called Make your Kid a Genius, and can be downloaded at my website http://www.irenehelenzundel.com I am passionate about alternative healing methods; especially Reiki, aromatherapy, acupressure, therapeutic massage and music and sound therapy.